If you open up a can of sardines, your cats will most likely come running. Next time, pop them into the food processor with steamed broccoli and carrots for a healthy treat that your felines will devour. We’ve teamed up with Lisa Hennessy of Your Pet Chef to bring you this exclusive recipe for Sardine Tabby Toppers:
- Food processor
- Slicing knife
- Plastic storage bags to store or freeze treats
- 1 of can sardines in oil
- ¼ cup steamed carrots
- ¼ cup steamed broccoli
- Open can of sardines and set aside.
- Steam broccoli and carrots until tender.
- Combine all ingredients in your food processor and puree until smooth.
- Roll into bite-size treats
These treats should be stored in a plastic bag in the refrigerator or can be frozen. They will last about a week in the refrigerator or three months in the freezer.